Licenses and Professional Associations:
- Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow Houston Bar Foundation
- Houston Bar Association
- 1978 - 1981 Associate - Lynch, Chappel, Allday & Aldridge, Midland, Texas
- 1981 - 1986 Partner - Stewart & Hofer, Midland, Texas
- 1986 -1995 Partner - Jenkens & Gilchrist, Houston, Texas
- 1995 - present Law Offices of J. Steven Stewart
Seminars and Publications:
- 1980 Speaker - 'The DTPA in the Oil Patch,' Advanced Oil and Gas Law Course, State Bar of Texas, Houston, Texas.
- 1999 Speaker - Advanced Construction Law, National Business Institute Course, Houston, Texas.
- 2000 Speaker - Texas Construction Law - What Do You Do When.., National Business Institute Course, Houston, Texas.
- 2008 Speaker - 'The Duties Owed by the Executive Rights Owner and the Operator to ORRI and NPRI Interests,' 34th Annual Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Institute, Houston, Texas.
- 2009 Speaker - Spring Saturday Seminar, Houston Association of Professional Landmen, Houston, Texas.
- How Can I Be Sued? We Have No Contract, Steve Stewart and John M. McGinty, Texas Architect, November - December 1993.
- The Law of Contribution, Steve Stewart and John M. McGinty, Texas Architect, March - April 1994.
- Under Construction - The Courts Have Been Providing Guidance on the Duties of Parties to Construction Contracts - Don't Get Nailed, Texas Lawyer Commercial Real Estate and Law Guide, April 5, 1999.